Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 10: Final Progress

We have entered the final week. No more major changes are being added by the team to minimize risk. Everyone is focusing on polish and bug fixes, myself included.

To start off the week, I found a multitude of tracks for the team to pick from to replace our current game music. Our placeholder music has been replaced with something more official and rights free. Should we choose to do so in the future we can compose our own score, but this music will keep us from running into any legal trouble.

I made a few more fixes related to the marker system. The text on the markers is finally working, however a new bug has popped up related to the shader. It is incompatible with the text and only renders the text as a black box. Currently I have not been able to pinpoint a fix so the text is currently disabled. If a fix can be found before the final pitch then it shall be applied, but only if it does not break anything further.

I also worked on a quality of life change of being able to delete specific markers using the marker menu. I almost had a solution within the current system, but it would not find the markers it was supposed to. However, it is applicable under a new, marker specific system that can be done should our game go forward. The backend work required means this needs to be put on hold for now to minimize the risk at this point in development.

Should anything new pop up that is game breaking I shall work toward fixing it in these last few days, but for now all looks well from my end and I can lend more assistance to my team in their endeavors should they require it.

No comments:

Post a Comment