Saturday, April 16, 2016

Now We Polish

Feature lock has come and gone and we are entering the final weeks of development. Everyone's main focus is finishing their last tasks and polishing what is already in the game.

Kiosk mode is pretty much done but we have been having some issues getting the video to actually link correctly. We also got a real video now instead of my temporary one. I also ended up finding a couple random bugs while checking over my implemented features.

When the boss battle was added it added sets of notes that would be hit at the same time. In the keyboard controls, this would cause you to either miss one of the notes or over strum. It was an unforeseen problem since we didn't have those notes at the time, but it was a simple enough fix once I found it.

I also discovered a bug in the pause menu, where the kiosk mode timer was not actually stopping when you left the menu. Again, another easy fix but something that would have been game breaking if left in.

The last bug was with the main menu again. My fix for the second main menu accidentally made it impossible to use the guitar to navigate the main menu. I just swapped around how the game dealt with the extra menu and guitar functionality was restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment